• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deuce Coupe Boxes

Romeo Van Frogskinstein

I should Work at Oakley
England
i am wondering why the deuce coupe fuel cell and holbrook are available in the black and white generic boxes used for some of the active range, rather than either signature specific or square o boxes, can anyone explain? i wonder if there is a possibility the current boxes are a temporary measure in lieu of a more appropriate box for later release.

Everything is going over to the plain black/white design boxes so no more Square O brown or special edition boxes.

That's lame

It is.
The Shawn White edition Holbrook I ordered direct from Oakley came in the same generic box instead of the fancy green square o box. I felt jipped.
As a collector I like when a company takes the time and energy to create unique/artful packaging for it's products, but the general public could care less about stuff like that.

It is.
The Shawn White edition Holbrook I ordered direct from Oakley came in the same generic box instead of the fancy green square o box. I felt jipped.
As a collector I like when a company takes the time and energy to create unique/artful packaging for it's products, but the general public could care less about stuff like that.
and the general public is Oakley's biggest concern right now, not so much the long time collector. I liked the green signature series boxes. I thought the normal brown square o boxes were quite boring, and prefer these new headliner design. BUT for something as the deuce coupe, pretty lame there's no special box. Other than the Special sticker on the box with deuce coupe collection.

and the general public is Oakley's biggest concern right now, not so much the long time collector. I liked the green signature series boxes. I thought the normal brown square o boxes were quite boring, and prefer these new headliner design. BUT for something as the deuce coupe, pretty lame there's no special box. Other than the Special sticker on the box with deuce coupe collection.

I know what you mean. I love the detail on the artist series boxes and the Jupiter Camo collection. I don't know why the didnt put forth the effort to do something to make the Deuce Coupe stand out a little. Even just a two tone black and green would have been better than what they gave us.

Oakley is heading into a dark dark place :(
I love having the boxes stand out. We may never see something packaged as nicely as a Mambo antix ever again.
The Deuce Coupe poster would have made a beatiful Box design. :)

Oakley is heading into a dark dark place :(
I love having the boxes stand out. We may never see something packaged as nicely as a Mambo antix ever again.
The Deuce Coupe poster would have made a beatiful Box design. :)

This makes me a little sad becuase I just started collecting in January. I've been grabbing a lot of unique older styles but I'm not seeing much variety in the newer stuff.

Some of the new plain black and white generic boxes will have a special sticker that says "Ducati/Deuce Coupe/Signature Series special edition" or whatever it may be. Still very lame. Luxiottica cutting costs maybe?

I had my O hookup send me a pic of the new boxes.

1333577971-picsay.jpg

From left to right:
- Infinite Hero Radar
- Ducati Holbrook
- Clear Holbrook w/ Chrome Iridium

You guys that want special boxes better hurry and grab them. The guy told me Oakley is trying to go green and making one box is more cost efficient and less wasteful.

Back