• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deuce Coupe Series

These are Deuce Coupe and they are slated for March 2012.....

Oakley need to slow down on the Frogskins. There are currently 15 colour options available, I can also still readily purchase the Acid Series, SW 24ks, and Jupiter Camos, so that takes it up to 22.

The Acid Tortoise (which look nice I admit), are a slight development of the Acid Series, and they're re-releasing further old colourways and trying to pass these Deuce Coupe off as something new when they are literally Acid Green Frogskins which were released 6 months ago and didn't sell. That will take us up to or past the 30 colour/lens option mark, and that doesn't include the upcoming OCP Frogskins. The sad thing is there really is nothing new or that exciting about any of it, it's stuff we seen or slight variants of what has been seen. Oakley need to stop and realise they can't keep passing off old sh*t. The Frogskins frame is much loved by many, and has a really good following. That doesn't mean we'll buy anything. There are so many potential options for the frame, lens, and colour combos that need to be properly explored. The fade series showed that, and colabs such as that with STPL showed it off to perfection, so quit releasing or re-releasing boring same old **** and let the Frogskins range get the designs it deserves.

I agree Jk-27, amen to that. the more they keep churning out frogskins, they really damage the value they've created for 30 years...sad to see frogskins get abused so much.

If these are the Deuce Coupe then it is BS marketing from Oakley. They are Acid Green Frogskins with a new microbag, and maybe black iridium lenses, that's it.

Also, if this is a homage to the Deuce Coupe cars then it's way off the mark. The Deuce Coupe was a flat, solid colour, not acid/crystal/see through: 1932 Ford Deuce Coupe | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I could only imagine people buying these if they were extremely limited edition. And they definitely shouldn't retail for more than $100.

Amen.

Oakley need to slow down on the Frogskins. There are currently 15 colour options available, I can also still readily purchase the Acid Series, SW 24ks, and Jupiter Camos, so that takes it up to 22.

The Acid Tortoise (which look nice I admit), are a slight development of the Acid Series, and they're re-releasing further old colourways and trying to pass these Deuce Coupe off as something new when they are literally Acid Green Frogskins which were released 6 months ago and didn't sell. That will take us up to or past the 30 colour/lens option mark, and that doesn't include the upcoming OCP Frogskins. The sad thing is there really is nothing new or that exciting about any of it, it's stuff we seen or slight variants of what has been seen. Oakley need to stop and realise they can't keep passing off old sh*t. The Frogskins frame is much loved by many, and has a really good following. That doesn't mean we'll buy anything. There are so many potential options for the frame, lens, and colour combos that need to be properly explored. The fade series showed that, and colabs such as that with STPL showed it off to perfection, so quit releasing or re-releasing boring same old **** and let the Frogskins range get the designs it deserves.

Again...AMEN! They aren't releasing anything worth while :/ If the acid series came with any different lens they would be a somewhat hit, the black lights were only ideal for spare lenses IMO. The SW was nice.. The Jupiter Camo was quite AMAZING! The rerelease was a success for newbies like me but a pure screw up to old collectors who have spent $600+ off the Bay. They are definitely decreasing the Frogskins value as a history piece and destroying its potential.

I agree Jk-27, amen to that. the more they keep churning out frogskins, they really damage the value they've created for 30 years...sad to see frogskins get abused so much.

The deuce coupe will not be the same shade as the acid green series, they will be sick for sure........ also my take on this matter is this.... Oakley does not care about what a frogskin is worth on the secondary market! They make NOTHING extra on that pair that someone pays the absurd amount for. If you like frogskins, you just like them for what they are which is easily Oakley's cheapest to make sunglass! They still are only available to the special account avenue so you still won't see them in your average dealer accounts. Also, I don't be surprised if they DON'T go to OCP! It has always been this way when people COLLECT things.... buy what you want and like, you don't have to like and buy everything that Oakley makes. Just be you and wear them proudly! It will NEVER be on the level of a Ray-Ban wayfarer but you should be excited when you see more people wearing frogskins because that means that they "get it".... Both the Fire and Ice editions will be badass for sure and can't wait for those two releases for early spring!

The deuce coupe will not be the same shade as the acid green series, they will be sick for sure........ also my take on this matter is this.... Oakley does not care about what a frogskin is worth on the secondary market! They make NOTHING extra on that pair that someone pays the absurd amount for. If you like frogskins, you just like them for what they are which is easily Oakley's cheapest to make sunglass! They still are only available to the special account avenue so you still won't see them in your average dealer accounts. Also, I don't be surprised if they DON'T go to OCP! It has always been this way when people COLLECT things.... buy what you want and like, you don't have to like and buy everything that Oakley makes. Just be you and wear them proudly! It will NEVER be on the level of a Ray-Ban wayfarer but you should be excited when you see more people wearing frogskins because that means that they "get it".... Both the Fire and Ice editions will be badass for sure and can't wait for those two releases for early spring!

i get what your saying about wear and buy what you want..i do that. but i don't think any of us collectors want to see our "rare" frogs be worn by just everyone! thats what started the collecting was that no one really wears them in public, at least not the rare ones and Oakley made these unique in every way.

i get what your saying about wear and buy what you want..i do that. but i don't think any of us collectors want to see our "rare" frogs be worn by just everyone! thats what started the collecting was that no one really wears them in public, at least not the rare ones and Oakley made these unique in every way.

I agree with you to an extent... but I am pretty sure that Oakley doesn't make their products to just sit on a shelf in a collection... they want these works of art to be seen and worn. Again, they are a company that is in business to make money, not cater to a group of collectors and the more frogs they can sell while still keeping them out of the mainstream is a great plan of business.... the limited runs of 100 or less is one thing but there is nothing wrong with what they are doing with the other releases, get them on peoples faces and let them be seen! Why some would spend the crazy amounts on some pairs because of an inside stamp or whatnot is beyond me but different strokes for different folks! These are sunglasses so I don't think you should bank on them always having value.... there is NO such thing as a guaranteed stock in the stock market.... kind of the same here.

not cater to a group of collectors

If that's the case why do they have 'Collectors Edition' and 'Limited Edition' frames/colour options, in addition to mass produced runs? You make a fair point but unfortunately Oakley says one thing and does another.

I've been saying for about a year now, the Frogs are getting way overdone. Oakley needs to find another remake and let go of the Frogs. The originals were cool, the remakes were a good idea, but my gosh, enough is enough!!

Back