• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

DHL Germany: Beware!

Mickle

Oakley Expert
Australia, NSW
So, back in the last few days of November, I was searching around eBay for a new pair of O's. I was particularly looking for a new addition to add to my Artist Series collection when I stumbled across a BNIB set of London Police Gascans from Germany. The seller's original asking price was a little too steep but he was willing to come down to a more reasonable price of $180.

Anywho, I payed for the item and it was posted rather quickly. I was provided with a tracking number and was told the shipping company was DHL Germany! A week or so had passed and I received an email from the seller asking if I had received my package yet. I replied and told him that I hadn't gotten them yet but I was patient and they'll turn up eventually. A few weeks had past and we exchanged several emails. The seller, who goes under the eBay name *okly*, was even nice enough to forward on all the emails between DHL Germany and himself. I thought this was very nice of him! (even if it was all in German and couldn't read a word of it lol!!)

The seller was very helpful and very persistent in helping me track down my package and 5-6 weeks later it FINALLY arrived! But boy did my heart sink when the delivery guy handed me my package!! It was so unbelievably squashed that it was inevitably damaged!! I snapped off a few pics so you guys can check them out!

d23a19ff.jpg

ae709a1a.jpg

4e103bf8.jpg

Like I said, my heart sank when I saw this and thought With this mangled up (what's meant to be) cardboard box, there is no way they're not damaged!!. Thankfully, however, the seller's girlfriend insisted he wrapped them inside the box with a ridicoulously, over the top amount of bubble wrap! To my surprise, there wasn't even a single dint or fold in the Oakley box at all!

So now, after nearly 6 weeks of anxious waiting, I finally present to you my brand new, pristine set of LP Gascan! BTW, I had no idea the the ear stems were clear with a black background. That particular finish looks nothing short of AMAZING!!

980e671d.jpg

922d4c25.jpg

47b3e8f3.jpg

For the record, I won't be buying anything from Germany again if the seller uses DHL as their shipping option. If it had not been for the excess bubble wrap, these would have been crushed without a doubt! It's a pity too, because there are some nice Oakley items for sale from some of our fellow German O collectors!

P.S. These were the first pair to turn up for the 2012 year (even tho I haven't made my first official purchase yet this year!)

Very nice. I like those. Sorry that you had to go through so much trouble with DHL. I have had problems with all shipping companies. Hopefully you can continue to buy from germany. I will definitely keep this in mind when i see germany as the place of origin. unfortunately i won't have any pick ups any time soon.

Nice pickup!! The earstems are definitely cool and pictures just don't do them justice...the Flores, Troy Lee and some others that I'm drawing a blank on are like that too.

Your pix just convinced me to buy these.

Honestly, no pics do these justice! As nice as these may look in the ones I've taken, you'll be even more impressed once you're actually holding them and seeing them for yourself! I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

No matter where it is in the World DHL is the WORST. Here in the US I had nothing but problems with them on a shipment. They SUCK so Bad.
I am glad you glasses are fine. They are very cool.

i like your london police dude - dhl is not better or worse than other copmpanys if you have to send world wide! if the seller choose the wrong box or don't put it together with the right packaging material the item will be beaten.
at the end i would say sometimes you win sometimes you loose . . .

Just for info: DHL is the biggest company when it comes to shipping etc here in Germany, followed by the likes of UPS or Hermes. They belong to the "Deutsche Post", which have been a former state company. Talking about "quality", there are no big differences between the above listed companies, at least from my experiences. They all have the problem, that they pay their employees rather bad with the consequences that the workers are constantly under stress. "Time is money" for them. Maybe thats why they aren´t sometimes as careful as they should be - especially around christmas time. So, I think its not a problem of DHL but the business in usual, at least here in Germany...

Back