• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did I Buy A Fake Kitchen Sink? Older Model?

Mr. K

Oakley Expert
Seattle, WA
Just bought this on ebay, arrived today. 135 shipped. Checked out all the tells online and pretty sure it is real, but thinking it is an older KS backpack. Can anyone verify.

All the metal tags are there, good print on the inside, metal cable with no plastic, hard case front top, back is hard as well.

BUT... no hole pass through on top for MP3, dry bag compartment has red tag not metal, and no vents on the dry bag. Worst is straps seem thinner and no pockets. Did not come with a waist strap but going to dispute that with the seller.

OBP.jpg
OBP2.jpg
OBP3.jpg
OBP4.jpg

I think you may have an early addition, it looks legit to me from your pics, but I would need to see more pictures, like the very top where the media hole is supposed to go, is their a handle on top? I'm trying to compare with mine, but mine is the stealth version

Newer kitchen sink models do not have the drain holes or the media slot for ear phones and the additional storage are also missing, not to mention the waist strap has plastic buckles and not a steel buckl... They changed quite a bit. Most people don't notice unless they were sold on a particular part that is no longer available... :(. Still an amazing bag!

Newer kitchen sink models do not have the drain holes or the media slot for ear phones and the additional storage are also missing, not to mention the waist strap has plastic buckles and not a steel buckl... They changed quite a bit. Most people don't notice unless they were sold on a particular part that is no longer available... :(. Still an amazing bag!
Found out in addition, dry bag zipper is no longer metal withe the safety closure, straps are not as good, and as mentioned no storage on shoulder straps or belt.

These are legit! But you have the revised version. I have the very first Kitchen Sink and it has two drain holes at the bottom compartment and all the zipper pull tabs are cable wires and not those red pull tabs. I removed the waist belt on mine and put it somewhere but I remember the locks on those where metal as well. The back pack straps have some leather trim also and had mini stretch pockets with velcro straps on each side.Hope this helps.

These are legit! But you have the revised version. I have the very first Kitchen Sink and it has two drain holes at the bottom compartment and all the zipper pull tabs are cable wires and not those red pull tabs. I removed the waist belt on mine and put it somewhere but I remember the locks on those where metal as well. The back pack straps have some leather trim also and had mini stretch pockets with velcro straps on each side.Hope this helps.

All Dennis describe above is exactly what I can say in my Kitchen Sink backpack. I learned something today, as SoulTaker says, most people won't immediately notice the minor changes of the newer model.

Nice purchase Mr.K.

Back