• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did I Buy A Fake Kitchen Sink? Older Model?

One way of telling fakes is the presence of these plastic pull tabs which Oakley used in their earlier designs. Almost all replicas I've seen use this type of zipper pull tab. These are no longer used on the current line of bags as they deteriorate and crumble after a while. The only products that Oakley still uses these type of Zipper Pull Tabs are the Soft Vault Sun Glass Cases.

18072161393_a1b58f2394_b.jpg
main_07-016_small-soft-vault_black_001_76583_png_zoom.jpg

The one in the photo is legit and is actually the 1st generation of the Oakley Kitchen Sink. However, I'd ask the seller for the actual product pics as the photos shown in the listing is lifted off the Oakley website.

the seller has attached these photos. Are they genuine?
Also, are first gen sink the better version?

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

the seller has attached these photos. Are they genuine?
Also, are first gen sink the better version?

View attachment 159333

View attachment 159334

Based on those photos it seems legit and a later model.

The word "better" is subjective, some might like the 1st gen version, some might like the current, so I'm going for the safe reply.
1st gen has the ff feature/s compared to latest gen:
-a uniform metal pull tab on all pockets.
-a plastic breather caps at the bottom, with matching "lock" button for the metal pull tab.
-a metal buckle for the waist trap
-a headset slot at the top flap
-double pocket at the shoulder straps
-Thicker shoulder straps

So you're telling the seller is using gen 1 stock photo in the listing and actually selling a later gen? Despite obvious difference such as metal buckle missing??

Latest Posts

Back