• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did I Just Get A Fake Oakley Crosshair 2.0?

Jay

Oakley Beginner
Hi, I need help from fellow oakley crosshair 2.0 owners. Just got a pair off ebay and I got a feeling it may not be genuine. Hope you guys can help me verify it. The suspicion came when i noticed that the lens did not sit perfectly in the frame, there are obvious gaps around. The frame prints "China" as well on the left. Otherwise the box and bag looks legit. Please advise. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.
I am betting it's real but you gotta show all the boys here some photos so it can be determined by looking at it.

Thanks for the prompt responses. Some images are as follow. Please let me know if there are additional images I can take for verification.
ual7.png

d495.jpg

8msl.jpg

0cpr.jpg

How about the gaps in between the frame and lenses? Aren't they supposed to fit perfectly? Or should I be expecting this for this model? Thanks.

Are you sure you are not seeing the bevel on the lens instead of a gap? Looking from the front, do you see a gap?

I think so, but please correct me if I am wrong. I can tell that the overall lenses shape is slightly different from the frame. The "gaps" are not regular or seamless throughout which would be the case if I have mistaken the bevel for gaps. It appears at the corners and some other parts. This is from looking at the front. By the way, I wearing a prescription and in comparison, I can tell that my lenses possess the same shape as the frame.
I am expecting the Oakley lenses to fit its intended frame perfectly like the prescription glasses. Is this an unrealistic expectation?
Thanks.

Last edited:
If you're not happy return them. They're real.

We can't really see these "gaps" you're talking about without better pictures.

Back