• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did I Just Get A Fake Oakley Crosshair 2.0?

It's possible that the frame is slightly misshaped, so the lens doesn't fit properly. Did you buy from a business seller or private seller?

They look real to me, I just bought a pair and gave as a gift to my friend 2-3 months ago, On the the box tag that was rip off, it would of had the date the pair were package on, for some weird reason they peal the date off the tag. They look ligit tho, the micro bag look exactly like the micro bag I have on me right now.

They are real, crosshairs and all wire frames are all made in china

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, of all things I have, I do not have a digital camera to take macro shots of the "gaps".

The seller is not private and have quite a good reputation of hundreds of positive reviews.

Anyway, I made a trip down to the local Oakley boutique and took a look at their pair. The two were rather different, the store pair:
1) no "gaps" (close examination and comparison has led me to think that the gaps may be poor finish of the lens bevel and/or poor fitting into the frame for my pair, I am unsure now),
2) no "China" imprint 3) felt lighter, 4) fits better, 5) more compact when the temples are folded, 6) optically clearer, 7) slightly different tint and
8) finish/imprints appear less glossy.
I could be wrong for 6, 7 & 8 as it is subjective and I am complete newbie to Oakley sunglasses.

I am no sure if the store pair is made in US or China but I could tell that it is a quality product. Considering the differences between the two, I have since contacted the seller and he has kindly allowed me to return the pair. Interestingly, he suggested that the problem may have arise due to fact that I am holding the China pair. He noted that some China made Oakley no longer posses the quality that anyone would expect from those made in USA. I certainly do hope this is not the new Oakley standard, I have only just started getting them.

Here is my experience with them.... I bought a pair from the Oakley store in black... had "china' on left inner arm.... had them a few days then returned them and got a "custom" pair... meaning they went to the back got a lead color frame and put vr28 Blk Ird lenses in them.. Now the lead frames did NOT have China stamped in them, but all wire frames are made in China.... The fitment on the Lead pair was bad.. left frame over the lens would not fit "true"... no matter what I tried to do... I just returned them and got a new pair of Titanium Nanowires 4.0..... best pair I ever had on my face..... I hope you get your problem resolved.
All lenses are made in USA..... If you noticed a difference in the clarity of the lenses., you might have received a fake pair... On mine, both pair's had perfect clarity and quality in the lenses.. only the frames were suspect.

Jay, message the seller and tell him you think you got B-grade quality oakleys. tell him everything wrong with them, and he should refund you back , or offer to exchange them for a new pair. It be 1000 time easier for him to exchange them or eat up the cost, rather then you trying to correct the problem or eat up the cost!!!

Now the lead frames did NOT have China stamped in them, but all wire frames are made in China....
Seems like it wont be that easy to spot the china sets. I wish they QC them more. Guess I will stay off the metal frames for a while, maybe look for Fives or style switch.
Yup, I am returning it but I won't be exchanging it.
Thanks guys!

Back