• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did I Miss Out...?

Mr. K

Oakley Expert
Seattle, WA
Met with a guy on a CL deal today. He had 2nd gen juliets with original box, papers, and coin, SN too.

They were plasma with ice polarized lenses. Plamsa was in great condition, no marks on it.

He wanted 140.00 firm.

The frames were very loose and the lenses were shot. Told him I'd pass as he was firm on price.

So did I miss out?

I figure new lenses (non polarized) would be about $65, tune up around $70, then tax on both.

I'd be into them 280+

Would you guys have done the deal?

Interested to see if you guys think I missed out. If no tune up or lenses required $140 for SN juliets are good, but with all the work to be done, was not feeling it.

They might go for a little more on ebay in that condition, but you made the right call on that one as it just would not make sense to have them fixed up.

Was this a guy named Neil who had them listed on CL for $150? (Tacoma / Puyallup)? If so, glad for the info. as I was thinking about these myself.

Was this a guy named Neil who had them listed on CL for $150? (Tacoma / Puyallup)? If so, glad for the info. as I was thinking about these myself.

Yup, nice guy though. Sad to see the glasses in that kind of condition. But better that way than to have never been worn I guess.

Back