• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did I Not Get Original Packaging?

joshf

Oakley Beginner
Frisco TX
So I picked up a pair of black(carbon?)/black iridium polarized Juliets from my local O store today. I was looking at getting the X squared, but couldn't find them. Anyway, all I received from the store were the glasses in the Custom box and the storage bag. Should I have received more or should I be lucky to get what I received?

So I picked up a pair of black(carbon?)/black iridium polarized Juliets from my local O store today. I was looking at getting the X squared, but couldn't find them. Anyway, all I received from the store were the glasses in the Custom box and the storage bag. Should I have received more or should I be lucky to get what I received?

Should have been more. Box, papers, extra nose pieces, cleaning pouch and coin.

What might have happened is that you have purchased a custom pair. They may have received just the frames from HQ then just placed the lenses. Then for Juliet customs they charge you $350 + 20 for non polarized and $400 + 20 for polarized.

My receipt does say custom, so maybe I was was just lucky to get one. I paid $400 for them, but have had them before and thnk they are worth every penny. I need to grab a extra set of lenses anyway, I'll just go back in there tomorrow and ask if they can do anything, especially with the nose pieces. Do the papers matter?

There are two ways of looking at this. You were lucky enough to find a brand new pair of Juliets for $400. Or you paid full retail at an Oakley store, so you should have gotten everything. In my opinion, if this was an Ebay find, you did well, but since it was at an O store, you got ripped.

There are two ways of looking at this. You were lucky enough to find a brand new pair of Juliets for $400. Or you paid full retail at an Oakley store, so you should have gotten everything. In my opinion, if this was an Ebay find, you did well, but since it was at an O store, you got ripped.

^this

Friends and family discount should work for those shouldn't it? I believe it ends tomorrow so I shld get 25% off
It ended today unfortunately. Called them up to see if they have Juliet plasma this afternoon.

I agree. Three of my local Ostores have the Carbon/BIP complete set. If it was me i would return them. Then purchase one BNIB. The other reason i dont like ocp frames is that they are not well taken care of, they are in a drawer of frames put in plastic or sometimes bare. X metals dont come cheap, so its best to get your moneys worth.