• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did I Not Get Original Packaging?

All responses are pretty on spot for this. CUSTOM to Oakley means they take a normal frame and change the lens to what color you want and then charge more. Pretty much a RIP off. Then give you a Custom Box, which is just black one piece with custom on the side. Been better off Getting BNIB and then a set on the side, BUT if that is all they had, then at least you got one. Also the F and F you had to ask them for. They won't typically tell you about it. Makes more money for them. The higher amount that month, gets them a bonus. THEY do get bonuses for sales numbers if high enough.

There are two ways of looking at this. You were lucky enough to find a brand new pair of Juliets for $400. Or you paid full retail at an Oakley store, so you should have gotten everything. In my opinion, if this was an Ebay find, you did well, but since it was at an O store, you got ripped.
I see what you are saying about getting everything but with what is in store now I've had two x metal pairs with white custom boxes, I think it's going to be more common as store misplace boxes and coins over time. Just be happy you've found a new pair and enjoy them!

I was out on a business lunch the day before yesterday and I happened to be in a mall across from a Vault, so I stopped in. Much to my surprise I saw two pair of Juliets in the bottom of the case with the watches, the few other items that are actually made of metal anymore :) They were customs, so no box and no coin. One polished/fire and the other plasma/black/polar... The first guy who helped me didn't even know what they were [even though there was a 'Juliet' sign nearby] - but he really wanted to show me these cool new things they have called 'Frogskins' - I might need to check them out sometime...?

The second person to help me showed me the glasses knew something about them and told me the non-polar pair had been there for months and was already been marked down twice, from $370. to $350. to $325. - apparently no one noticed so they kept getting marked down. Had someone called into the store and asked if they had any Juliets most of the employees would have said 'No' due to the absence of a proper box (with coin) in the case, or just not knowing what to look for. We looked at some lenses - they only had about a half dozen pairs of Juliet lenses left - and they had two that I wanted; Titanium (etched) and VR28BlackPolar.

Two lens swaps and a ~11% discount on the other that was not already marked down (no F&F at the time - some other BOGO 50% off sale was for tupperware only - :gotcha: ), but they still knocked the polar pair down from $420 to $375 - and I was on my way out the door with both pairs for $700.00. Not the best deal ever, but not the worst for two pairs that are *perfect* with cool new lenses to try. Anyway, I felt lucky finding them and was happy to go 'Custom' since I paid about $100.00 less than retail.

Take-aways:
- Validation of pricing that a Custom Oakley non-polar can be had, if found, for $325. and a polar for $375. anytime, any day, no F&F required - there is hope :cool-20:
- Also LOOK - don't just call. If you are near a store stop in and see what they have - you may know what you are looking at better than the folks working there!

actually same thing happened to me... went to an oakley outlet in the mall and found they have a plasma juliet with ice. agent told me that it was "custom" and it only comes in a normal box plus a custom bag... the box even says "custom plasma juliet with ice"... price is around 420 so i said my thanks and left....

If the OP would like to return the OCP Juliet, i would be glad to help him out. Carbon/BIP are common at my local Ostores

Latest Posts

Back