• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did Not Receive Ebay Item Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

HunterX

Oakley Beginner
Texas
So it finally happened and I need some advice on what i need to do next. Item states delivered based on the tracking information provided but I did not get it... I contacted the seller but and am still waiting to hear back. Item was semi expensive so this could get messy. Should I open a claim with ebay, paypal, usps? Thanks in advance

Contact the delivery company right away, if it was delivered to the wrong address they might know where it went. Deal with them first.

I would go with the shipping company first, but do let ebay know what's going on as well, to cover all the bases. I had a package that said it was delivered a couple years ago, and they had taken it the wrong address. It took about a week, but they figured it out and were able to locate it.

The courier should be your first target, as Ebay will investigate the tracking and it will reveal "Delivered" Try and collaborate with the seller to deal with the courier.

As others have said, if electronic tracking says delivered then your first contact should be to the courier company. The seller, eBay, and PayPal can only go by what the tracking says and if the tracking says delivered then I can't see how eBay could find in your favour if you say it's not delivered.

The carrier should be able to track which truck it went out on and if it is USPS then the driver will know where he put it. If the item was taken so to speak there is likely recourse. I cannot remember Ebay and Paypal do go by "delivered for domestic", however they always stress insurance. Well if that is the case then the shipper should have insured it for his and your safety. Ebay, paypal, and then work the carrier. Let the buyer know immediately also. Keep them all in the loop. Paypal, since that is where your money is should be the first, then ebay, then carrier. All three at once. Hope this helps

Oh by the way, it always seems the buyer wins for whatever reason. I never won a case even with proof of shipping. Try it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back