• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did oakley mess up on my custom glasses?

painkiller

Oakley Expert
Kali
i ordered a pair of custom glasses and specified BIP,which was reflected in email and receipt,however the lenses dont say polarized.every pair of lenses i own by the big "O" which are polarized have it etched.does anyone know if the custom jobs are different or do i have a legitimate gripe here?they told me they cant be returned when placing the order but dont know if that implys to their screw ups or not..any help as always much appreciated

As far as I know there is no "Polarized" etching on the lens of custom Oakley's because you have an option to custom etch anything on the lens before check out. If you did not specify anything to be etched on the lens then they will leave it blank. Have you checked if the lens they sent you is indeed Polarized? If they sent you a Non-Polarized lens after indicating BIP then that is a different case. Hope this helps.

Easy way to figure out polarized Oakley.
Go sit inside your car. Look at your radio display from different angles, Often it will appear washed out and when you look out your front windows, it will look as if the tint in them has "broken" down.
It's a weird effect but you can definitely see this

It's even easier to hold the glasses in front of your face and rotate them through 90 degrees whilst looking at the screen - at or near 90 degrees, they should darken considerably.

I had the same experience. There is nothing wrong with them, they just aren't etched and don't say oakley over the bridge of the nose.

It's even easier to hold the glasses in front of your face and rotate them through 90 degrees whilst looking at the screen - at or near 90 degrees, they should darken considerably.

But there's no fun in that! You need to wear your Oakleys reading OF and strike a pose with a tilted head to make a statement! :tongue:

Back