• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did Oakley Repair Costs Change?

Melon

Oakley Beginner
I have a pair of 3 month-old Deviations that I accidentally sat on last night, bending the frame drastically. When calling customer service, they said it wouldn't be covered by the warranty and replacing the frame would cost $75+shipping. I remember hearing about 'flat rates' of ~$40 and the like for these situations (even for repairs outside of warranties) so I'm a bit puzzled.

Well-first, I don't think that's a bad price. I mean they've quoted you $75 to replace the frame out of warranty, a good deal given most Deviation frame onlys out there are pushing $100. Second, yes the pricing has gone up; as an example I believe X Metal tune ups were $20ish in the early 2000's, then they were $40ish in the later 2000's now I think they're pushing $60-$70ish?

Well-first, I don't think that's a bad price. I mean they've quoted you $75 to replace the frame out of warranty, a good deal given most Deviation frame onlys out there are pushing $100. Second, yes the pricing has gone up; as an example I believe X Metal tune ups were $20ish in the early 2000's, then they were $40ish in the later 2000's now I think they're pushing $60-$70ish?

Well, they're only 3 months-old so still in warranty (but I guess that doesn't matter, either way). I just had different expectations because I heard so much about how non-lense repair/replacements were a lot cheaper than the quote I got (and certainly quite a bit about 'flat rates' or something along those lines). In any case, the cost is the same price as simply buying a brand new pair on Amazon, so I guess I now have a replacement set of lenses.

Yea you sitting on them was not good. If they would have broken from say a stress fracture or something like lens peeling under a year they will always take care of you.

I hate to be a Debbie downer I am surprise they are doing anything for you seeings how you sat on them but 75 for a frame is pretty reasonable

Yea you sitting on them was not good. If they would have broken from say a stress fracture or something like lens peeling under a year they will always take care of you.

Curious: what would be a legitimate cause for a 'stress fracture' that Oakley would have seen as grounds for warranty coverage? How does that even happen (without the owner doing something careless, like in my case)?

Back