• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did there ever exist...?

kmbijit

I should Work at Oakley
Hey folks.....trying to recall 1991/1992 here. Had a pair of cycling glasses back then but now if I look back at the online archives, I am unable to find anything similar. Somebody with vivid memories from the 90s may help me out here!

• Lens shape resembled a Razor Blade
  • Frame was Green with Purple temples.
  • Lenses were changeable, Rubbers and nosepad were removable. Rubbers were Green, matched to the frame, nose pad was black.
  • I'd assume they were Razor Blades, but the only part that doesn't add up is that the temples were adjustable - just like the Eyeshades.
  • Lenses resembled Fire.
Was Oakley the only player back then who made similar stuff? Or were there any competitors? I wouldn't believe this was a fake, it was too high quality to be a fake. Will try to mockup an image on PS if that'd help.

Last edited:
Well, I have “vivid” memories of the early ‘90’s.
The hard part is sorting which are real…
Have you checked Rudy Project?
They had some cool cycling specific frames.

Hey folks.....trying to recall 1991/1992 here. Had a pair of cycling glasses back then but now if I look back at the online archives, I am unable to find anything similar. Somebody with vivid memories from the 90s may help me out here!

• Lens shape resembled a Razor Blade
  • Frame was Green with Purple temples.
  • Lenses were changeable, Rubbers and nosepad were removable. Rubbers were Green, matched to the frame, nose pad was black.
  • I'd assume they were Razor Blades, but the only part that doesn't add up is that the temples were adjustable - just like the Eyeshades.
  • Lenses resembled Fire.
Was Oakley the only player back then who made similar stuff? Or were there any competitors? I wouldn't believe this was a fake, it was too high quality to be a fake. Will try to mockup an image on PS if that'd help.

Maybe Rudy Project, or Bolle.

Back