• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did This Buyer Almost Get Smoked?

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I know we buy stuff for our own reasons: this completes that, I need that mint box to go with this pair, all that I get. but I don't get this:
The bridge and oribital are the worst that I've ever seen and I wore the crap out of my daily drivers. This had a very slick presentation, brought $550 and didn't meet reserve.
Why bid that on a ragged-out pair that surely needs a tune-up but which will do nothing for the frame? And why expect that and actually more than that?
Hopefully not rhetorical questions.

CarGuy said:
I know we buy stuff for our own reasons: this completes that, I need that mint box to go with this pair, all that I get. but I don't get this:
The bridge and oribital are the worst that I've ever seen and I wore the crap out of my daily drivers. This had a very slick presentation, brought $550 and didn't meet reserve.
Why bid that on a ragged-out pair that surely needs a tune-up but which will do nothing for the frame? And why expect that and actually more than that?
Hopefully not rhetorical questions.

People just gotta have it sometimes.

Those have a ton of marks on the frame for being "lightly" worn for a year. I'd bet the seller just bought new lenses when he decided to sell, the 24K are still available for the XX.

I see NIB 24k XX on eBay, and they've been slowly jumping in price towards $700. I don't get the reserve though, I think over $500 would have been a great price to sell your worn pair for.

The seller can see all the pics and knows what they're getting. No pity for them, the seller just wanted more than any bidder was willing to pay.

I would guess the seller set a super high reserve and is going to deal off eBay to save $50-60 on fees, just contact the high bidder or relist them again.

Back