• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Diecast Car/bike Question

Mr. K

Oakley Expert
Seattle, WA
A question for you All,

I have a die cast car and a bike. I opened an displayed in my last house, but the new house has no room for a display. I re-packed everything up again and am trying to figure out how to sell these. Good condition,
open, displayed behind glass, then re-packed.
First, have no idea the value, If anyone would care to give advice as to their worth, it would be appreciated.
Secondly, the boxes are so big, I don't want to mail them. To properly pack and send, the box would be huge and the shipping cost would not make it beneficial for buyer or seller (me). Does that mean my only option is CL? Any advice is appreciated.

Car1.jpg
car4.jpg
car5.jpg
car3.jpg
bike3.jpg
bike2.jpg
bike1.jpg
bike5.jpg
bike4.jpg
behind

Also, hope my posting here is ok. To be clear, I do not want to sell here (just because shipping would not make it worth it) , just get a value and suggestions as to if CL is my only option.

Thanks guys.

I did have duplicates of these unopened, NIB but gave to my friend's son when we moved. Should have given him the opened ones.

The believe both those items were sold on the Oakley website for $25 each a couple of years ago. I know the Time Bomb Funny Car was, I bought one.

I would say about the same. around 75 for the car, 50-75 for the bike. Really shipping shouldnt be too bad on these. Maybe $15 unless your going coast to coast. If you do ship them put them in another box. I bought one off ebay one time and he shipped it in the white box. It got all dirty and labels all over it.

$100 is a great price for both. I think I paid $100 for my car. Drop them off at the UPS store they will pack them and ship them for you. Shouldn't be over $25.00. That's not bad for shipping and I thin a few here would jump on it.

I would say about the same. around 75 for the car, 50-75 for the bike. Really shipping shouldnt be too bad on these. Maybe $15 unless your going coast to coast. If you do ship them put them in another box. I bought one off ebay one time and he shipped it in the white box. It got all dirty and labels all over it.

Thanks, was waiting for you to weigh in. :)

Just thinking to ship properly, packed and Insured, going to be a hassle. When I bought them from Oakley, box was huge.

Thanks All. I just re-discovered these in the garage so will think about it and then figure out what to do with it. Just wanted to make sure I'm not gouging anyone or asking a ridiculous price. I figure whoever buys these will be an Oakley person, and that means gotta be fair.

Back