• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference Between 2 Polarized Black Iridiums?

music_man185

Oakley Beginner
i have a pair of half jackets and a pair of flak jackets. both black iridium polarized. flak jackets are my go to, and i wear them very often. i pulled out the half jackets today for the first time in a while, and almost immediately, i felt that the half jackets were clearer and colors seemed more vibrant. they also seemed to have more polarization. is this possible? or is it just my imagination?

I don't have two polarized pairs of the same tint, but I have a few different pairs of normal grey that are different levels of tint, varying from being much closer to black iridium in both darkness and reflectivity, to almost a light grey.

If you're noticing one has more color definition or a different level of clarity you might have something else going on entirely. Might be a different base tint you're not noticing (OO-Black or VR28 Black for instance), maybe one is cleaner, or maybe you bought a set from ebay and the seller ripped you off with aftermarket lenses.

Having "more" polarization isn't possible. They have a filter or they don't. If the angle of light is hitting the lens differently the amount of glare reduction can be different.

Latest Posts

Back