• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference between Feedbacks and Caveats?

Are they The SAME / CLOSE ENOUGH / COMPLETELY DIFFERENT?

• Same Just Different Temples

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LuNaTiC

Oakley Beginner
I'm looking to get a pair of Oakley's today for my girlfriend. I had her try on the Oakley Feedbacks and several other brands. She really likes a pair of Maui Jim's the most, but I thought the Oakley's looked better. As I looked around, I saw the Oakley Caveats on sale on the Oakley website. I was wondering... for the price, I could get her the Maui Jim's that she likes, and also get her the Oakley Caveats too.. so its a win win...(They are $81 compared to $200+ for the Oakley Feedbacks) BUT do the Oakley Feedbacks and the Oakley Caveats look about the same or are they completely different? (I get it.. they are different glasses/frames... ) BUT has anyone seen or tried both of these on ? Are they really close that the difference would be unnoticeable? They look the same (other than the temples).

Keep in mind, she doesn't care if they're not the feedbacks... she just wants them to look the same as far as the front of the frames etc. (I'm not hiding this from her)...
oakley.PNG

Last edited:
They will basically look the same but the ear stems on the Caveats are different and her hair may get caught in them more often as I have personally found.
@Blondie may have some advice as well
That's the reason I asked this question.... I never would've thought about her long hair getting stuck... my hair is short.. I don't have that issue. Thank you for that advice for sure !

BUT, if her hair does get stuck, isn't it the same as having a free sunglass strap? :cool:😜

That's the reason I asked this question.... I never would've thought about her long hair getting stuck... my hair is short.. I don't have that issue. Thank you for that advice for sure !

BUT, if her hair does get stuck, isn't it the same as having a free sunglass strap? :cool:😜
Well that question will be answered quite quickly when she’s cursing you for her hair being pulled out 😁

Tie breakers would be a good substitute also

That is a problem!! And Caveats are a little bigger.
@herbieninja

Tie Breakers were slightly small for her but still looked good, but they're practically the same price as the feedbacks. The tiebreakers were like 10% too small

@Blondie

If caveats are slightly bigger than the feedbacks, that's a big issue for her. The feedbacks were almost perfect size.. maybe about 5% too big. Any bigger and we wouldn't even try to buy them. The tiebreakers were like 10% too small

It looks like I'm going to fork out the cash for both the Feedbacks and the Maui Jims for her.... Sunglass Hut has a deal that if I buy the Maui Jim's , I can get the Oakleys for $60 off. That puts me at $404+Tax for both pairs.

I think the saying is... Go big or go home... or is it go broke or go home? ... either way I'll be going home in this case 😏

I'm looking to get a pair of Oakley's today for my girlfriend. I had her try on the Oakley Feedbacks and several other brands. She really likes a pair of Maui Jim's the most, but I thought the Oakley's looked better. As I looked around, I saw the Oakley Caveats on sale on the Oakley website. I was wondering... for the price, I could get her the Maui Jim's that she likes, and also get her the Oakley Caveats too.. so its a win win...(They are $81 compared to $200+ for the Oakley Feedbacks) BUT do the Oakley Feedbacks and the Oakley Caveats look about the same or are they completely different? (I get it.. they are different glasses/frames... ) BUT has anyone seen or tried both of these on ? Are they really close that the difference would be unnoticeable? They look the same (other than the temples).

Keep in mind, she doesn't care if they're not the feedbacks... she just wants them to look the same as far as the front of the frames etc. (I'm not hiding this from her)...View attachment 895396
If she likes the Maui Jim’s most, just buy her those. Otherwise you’re just wasting money on a pair she’s never gonna wear. Just my 2 cents

Latest Posts

Back