• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference between Frogskins and the new Frogskin LX's?

snake

Oakley Beginner
Just wondering what the difference is, also wondering if there is a made in china stamp on the LX's. thank you

LX is made out of acetate and has metal hinges.

Standard Frogskins are made out of O-Matter and are also (now) made in China.

The first gen Frogskins were made in Japan and has metal hinges.

IMO the LX feels more solid. Either way nowadays because of production changes they are both made in China. If you hunt down eBay or at your local store you might be able to find some from the USA.

The acetate frame gives the LX Frogskins a classier more appealing look. The fit is like any other Frogskin yet has a little more weight which makes it feel more like a sturdy pair of sunglasses. The polish on the frame has a nice feel as well, making for a comfortable fit. Can't wait to see the Matte Black and Navy frames.

I will also add that with the LX because of the material and metal hinges, it is like likely to stretch out over time like the standard O-Matter Frogskins, which are notorious for stretching out.

i find the LX's to be way more comfortable than the o-matter ones. they feel more solid and more expensive too

Frogskins are made in California not china.

I still have not seen you post proof of this information. I know you told me you work at HQ but there has to be a reason why some frames are no longer stamped with "Made in USA" and have "Assembled in USA" on their boxes and some don't. If they were ALL made in the USA, I don't believe Oakley would stamp it on one style and not on the other unless there was a legitimate reason (AKA the newer Made/Assembled in USA) laws.

Back