• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference Between OO And Regular Tints?

OO originally appeared on the late 90's OO wires designed by Michael Jordan. However those have since gone away save for a brief appearance on an Ichiro Juliet (which I'm not convinced is really the same, but it's not the normal Blue Iridium). The recent OO polarized line uses the same Iridium as the Namesake (Black, +Red) but uses a G40 base instead of the standard Grey.

OO simply means it's a GXX base lens instead of a grey base. The Iridium coating used is (apparently) irrelevant as there are +Red and Black Iridium OO polarized lenses.

Iridium is generally irrelevant, but a highly reflective lens is inherently going to filter certain wavelengths from passing through even if the base isn't, which is why Ruby and +Red look slightly different than Black or Emerald.

Definitely agree with what everyone said. I have a pair of OO Polarized Iridiums in my fast jackets that I got mainly for golf. The GXX base enhances the contrast better on the golf course, IMO.

I'm pretty sure it's just G40, as G26 isn't really used outside specific M Frames (and goes hand in hand with it's iridium), and G20/G30 combos usually go by name (G20/G30 Black Iridium, G30 Titanium Iridium).

Latest Posts

Back