• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference between SI lenses styles and civilian styles in general for nosepeices

harry2110

Oakley Beginner
OK, I am new here as I finally have achieved my 10 year project to get a set of oakleys that would accept my -12 prescription. I use my glasses for fishing so polarized is almost a requirement of mine but all standard SI M-Frame 2.0 and 3.0 lenses don't come in a polarized form. This is the question as I currently use a URX insert that is a direct drop in to those lenses and before I modify it to fit a civilian model Im trying to use up all options.

Now I have a heater lens that my insert doesn't fit but, I have noticed SI versions of the hybrid come polarized and Im trying to first figure out if it is the same shape nosepiece as the strike SI 2.0 lens as its missing the clip hole and comes in a more civilian style frame?

Lastly is there a difference between the civilian strike and heater lens that might mean the nosepeices are different and more inline with the SI nosepeices? Im asking this as a backup; if I cant acquire more SI lenses being not a part of public service because of my vision. I kinda don't want to resort to fake lenses to accomplish my goals.

Difference in lenses shouldn't effect the nose pieces. I would image its the same overall shape nose piece, though I don't have much exposure to SI pairs - does anyone else?

Back