• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference Between Slate Iridium Vs. Black Iridium

lockwood1

Oakley Beginner
Hello
I have a polished black with blue jaw Split Jacket and looking for a new set of lenses. I came up with this model Slate Iridium what is the difference between it and the black iridium
I was looking at the Jade irium lenses wich one do you think would look better?

Black iridum has less light transmission then slate iridium. I don't believe you can buy slate iridium lenses as an extra accessory for the Jawbone. Black iridium would look good...

Black iridum has less light transmission then slate iridium. I don't believe you can buy slate iridium lenses as an extra accessory for the Jawbone. Black iridium would look good...

I'm not buying it for Jawbones but Split Jacket
does Jade Iridium would look good on that frame?

Slate is not for bright light... I love it and just got it in a pair of Flak jackets XLJ's and also have Grey Smoke SJ 2's with it It is much lighter than black and despite mirror u can see ur eyes thru it..for overcast days though or dawn/dusk a perfect lens...if u are using the Splits for outside sports I'd go with Black for protection...

I'm not buying it for Jawbones but Split Jacket
does Jade Iridium would look good on that frame?

My mistake...Here is the link to Oakley's website for lenses available for the Split Jacket, Oakley Split Jacket Accessory Lenses available at the online Oakley store I usually try to build them on the website under the customizing section to get an idea how they would look. Here is the link:Oakley Custom Sunglasses, Goggles, Backpacks, Watches The Jade iridium is not available from them based on what I see, unless your buying them off Ebay or a friend, etc.

You have a polished black frame and a blue jaw set up, IMO I believe Jade would not go well with the blue jaw, but black iridium would. You could change the jaw color then go with Jade Iridium. Maybe a matte black jaw or silver jaw with a black polished bolt.

I plan on calling Oakley's customer service line in hopes of landing a pair of Jade Iridiums for my white and blue Split Jackets. Probably going to try the warranty department too to see if they have replacements available.

I plan on calling Oakley's customer service line in hopes of landing a pair of Jade Iridiums for my white and blue Split Jackets. Probably going to try the warranty department too to see if they have replacements available.

Call the warranty dept. First, they are more helpful.....

Back