• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference Between The Fast Jacket, Half Jacket, And Flak Jacket?

Joey

Oakley Beginner
What are the differences between them as they all kind of look the same. Which one is the heaviest and which one is the lightest? Which one would you say is the best going out in the sun a lot and protect your eyes from the sun the most?

They're different sizes. The biggest difference being that the Fast Jacket has switchlock - you flip a lever to change the lenses instead of flex the frame.

You'd need to try them on to see which fits best.

I don't plan on switching lenses out that much as I got other oakley's I use for low light conditions.
Which one would be best for running and playing basketball outside?
Or all they all the same just difference size for different heads and faces?
Half jacket- small
flak- medium??
fast- large??
Am i right? I don't live near any SGH or Oakley store so I can't try them on.

Fast Jacket vs Fast Jacket XL
uxkloyx2.png
4mept42k.png

Flak Jacket vs Flak Jacket XL
qtj4zxhm.png
mwhqfdzg.png

Half Jacket 2.0 vs Half Jacket 2.0 XL
and3fvvn.png
tklvvm68.png

Thanks so much marc2040, do happen to have a split jacket measurement like the one you posted too? Thanks

By the way i noticed the bridge of the fast jacket is only 9mm which is much smaller compared to the rest. Does this mean it is tighter and more snug on the nose bridge which will make it less prone to slipping off and be higher on the face?

Pretty much done? Do you mind posting it then or give a link on how you get it?

Id say :

Flaks are the lightest and slimmest ... but swapping lenses is a hassle
Fast's are a tiny bit heavier (because of the switch lock system), they aren't as slim ... but swapping is way easier
Split's are the largest, heaviest, being full framed they'll cover much more, they can have a strap (and a wind gasket) added if you're cycler ...

Back