• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference between the "SI Assault" and "Factory Pilot" gloves?

TheRedHerb

Oakley Beginner
Hey, I've been looking at getting the SI Assault gloves for a while, I recently got my Oakley SI account because I am in the military, but when I go to the online store, I only see the "Factory Pilot Gloves".

From what I've gathered, the "Factory Pilot" gloves are essentially the "civilian" version of the SI Assault where they lack the rubber bumps that is normally present on the tip of the index finger (and some pics I've seen said bumps on the middle finger). Please correct me if I am wrong

If theres any Oakley experts out there, I would be much appreciated to know the following:
  • Is the SI Assault Glove discontinued? If so, what year? If not, where can I buy some, cuz they don't seem to be on the Oakley SI site anymore.
  • Is Oakley's latest product offering of those gloves consolidated under the "Factory Pilot Glove" name?
  • Did Oakley just altogether ditch the rubber index finger bumps for the gloves?
  • What indicators/distinguishers/features, if any, are there to differentiate between older production SIAssault/FactoryPilot gloves and newer ones?
  • Did they discontinue the SI Tactical FR Gloves too? I am quite interested in those too because I played alot of Battlefield 4 back in the day :p
Thanks for the help

Hey, I've been looking at getting the SI Assault gloves for a while, I recently got my Oakley SI account because I am in the military, but when I go to the online store, I only see the "Factory Pilot Gloves".

From what I've gathered, the "Factory Pilot" gloves are essentially the "civilian" version of the SI Assault where they lack the rubber bumps that is normally present on the tip of the index finger (and some pics I've seen said bumps on the middle finger). Please correct me if I am wrong

If theres any Oakley experts out there, I would be much appreciated to know the following:
  • Is the SI Assault Glove discontinued? If so, what year? If not, where can I buy some, cuz they don't seem to be on the Oakley SI site anymore.
  • Is Oakley's latest product offering of those gloves consolidated under the "Factory Pilot Glove" name?
  • Did Oakley just altogether ditch the rubber index finger bumps for the gloves?
  • What indicators/distinguishers/features, if any, are there to differentiate between older production SIAssault/FactoryPilot gloves and newer ones?
  • Did they discontinue the SI Tactical FR Gloves too? I am quite interested in those too because I played alot of Battlefield 4 back in the day :p
Thanks for the help

You play BF too?!?!? :D

E8968D86-170D-45C4-B776-7000C0F5D94C.jpeg

Got these in four different colours.

Oakley Military & Government Sales Oakley Factory Pilot Glove - New Khaki - 94025A-323 | Oakley OSI Store

Back