• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference In Radar Path Lens Size?

MarcelN

Oakley Expert
:blink:

I have an older pair of infrared / photochromatic radars and just bought new black iridium lens. I have discovered that the size of the new lens (both are path) is different! Anyone noticed that too? The black iridium lens when installed is a little bit loose, so when I shake the glasses they're moving in a frame making sound...

the lenses arent meant to be loose in the frame dude... but there IS a generational difference in the path shape.. the new ones are sharper in the corners. i like the look of the old type path better.

i would return those lenses

And now the photochromatic lens when installed is loose, after I have used the newer lens in these frames, WHAT F...IN JOKE!!!!

everything is properly installed right, the old lens doesn't sound as loose as the new one, but it rattles a bit and it was silent and felt firm before. When I move the old lens to the sides there's maybe 0.5 mm of movement. I am running every day, sometimes 2 times a days and I clean the frames and lens after every run, I do clean the lens after uninstalling it maybe once a week so I know how to install it properly. Why did Oakley change lens shape and size and never informed about it? I have now one useless lens and slightly damaged frame :mad:

everything is properly installed right, the old lens doesn't sound as loose as the new one, but it rattles a bit and it was silent and felt firm before. When I move the old lens to the sides there's maybe 0.5 mm of movement. I am running every day, sometimes 2 times a days and I clean the frames and lens after every run, I do clean the lens after uninstalling it maybe once a week so I know how to install it properly. Why did Oakley change lens shape and size and never informed about it? I have now one useless lens and slightly damaged frame :mad:

hmm weird. i bet you could make it work by stuffing some paper in the top of the frame to stop the rattling. but its annoying.

and yeh, i dont think there was meant to be compatibility issues, but i guess there are some...

No, I know what I'm doing with my Oakleys, the frame with the old photochromic lens now rattles and make noises like some f...ck piece of ****ty $10 glasses. They did seat in a frame nice and firm 2 hours ago before I have installed this new f....n lens! I'm sorry for my language, but I'm totally pissed.

There is a big difference in a lens shape. The newer ones are more curved and are narrower (maybe few mms)

Latest Posts

Back