• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference in Shapes for Jawbreaker Lenses?

Toshio

Oakley Expert
I was comparing two Jawbreaker lenses recently and realised that there are two different shapes for the lenses.

The first pic is the Prizm lens, followed by the Tour De France lens and the last is when I overlap the two for comparison. Anyway able to advice? When I try to fit the Prizm lens into the Jawbreaker frames of the Uranium AF and Tour De France, it cannot fit. Unless the Prizm lens is not authentic, which I am sure is authentic as it was brought from a reputable member. Can help?

Prizm%20Lens.jpg

Tour%20De%20France%20Lens.jpg

Lens%20Comparison.jpg

Manufacturing anomaly, if you can get the proof of purchase from the guy/gal you bought them from then contact Oakley and I'm sure they'll replace it for you.

Manufacturing anomaly, if you can get the proof of purchase from the guy/gal you bought them from then contact Oakley and I'm sure they'll replace it for you.

I really don't think that's the case. I'd find it hard to believe they just cut a bunch of lenses wrong. I'll see about looking at some other lenses in a store tomorrow and looking at mine.

Just looked at both of my pair and they have the tall sharp corner. Where's your TDF pair from?

Looking at the Jawbreaker replacement lenses on Oakley.com, they all look like they have the square corner and the vertical edge, not the rounded corner and sloping edge.

Keep in mind that there is an Asian fit. Prizm lenses might be an asian fit. I have a regular Jawbreaker and asian fit jawbreaker. Lenses and frame are smaller/narrower for the asian fit and the nose pads are bigger. I could be wrong. But who knows.

That's a weird variation even if for Asian Fit. The vents are profiled different too. I can't see the need to change such profiles.

Although Oakley.com has separate listings for "Asia Fit" Jawbreaker sunglasses, they don't list any "Asia Fit" Jawbreaker replacement lens kits, which seems to imply that Oakley only makes one size of Jawbreaker lens. Furthermore, on the product info page for the AF Jawbreaker, the picture of the lens shows the same square-corner, vertical edge shape as the other Jawbreaker lenses.

Keep in mind that there is an Asian fit. Prizm lenses might be an asian fit. I have a regular Jawbreaker and asian fit jawbreaker. Lenses and frame are smaller/narrower for the asian fit and the nose pads are bigger. I could be wrong. But who knows.
Frames and lenses are identical. Only the nose bombs are different

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434826850.192522.jpg

Regular Jawbreaker lenses on the back. Slightly larger than Asian fit lenses on the front.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434827139.947049.jpg

Regular size on the left, Asian fit on the right. Right corner numbers are different. Also (A) on top left.

I have not fully checked the differences of the frames. But switching the lenses, Asian fit lenses to a regular frame is slightly loose. Regular lenses are slightly bigger to fit an asian fit frame.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back