• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference in Shapes for Jawbreaker Lenses?

I see another difference between the lenses in the OP's photos:
the outer (right) edge of the "tab" on the top of the lens is rounded in the Tour de France lens but more squared-off in the Prizm lens.
The photos of the Jawbreaker lenses on Oakley.com all seem to show rounded outer edges on the tabs.
So it seems like the outer edge of the tab on the Tour de France lens matches the lenses on Oakley.com, but the outer edge of the lens does not, whereas the outer edge of the Prizm lens matches the lenses on Oakley.com, but the outer edge of the tab does not.
Perhaps these inconsistencies argue in favor of production variations being the explanation of the differences in shape.

The photos of the Jawbreaker lenses on Oakley.com all seem to show rounded outer edges on the tabs.
So it seems like the outer edge of the tab on the Tour de France lens matches the lenses on Oakley.com, but the outer edge of the lens does not, whereas the outer edge of the Prizm lens matches the lenses on Oakley.com, but the outer edge of the tab does not.

Reminded me if this The Pellet with the Poison's in the Vessel with the Pestle - The Court (7/9) Movie CLIP (1956) HD - YouTube

View attachment 158843

Regular Jawbreaker lenses on the back. Slightly larger than Asian fit lenses on the front.

View attachment 158844

Regular size on the left, Asian fit on the right. Right corner numbers are different. Also (A) on top left.

I have not fully checked the differences of the frames. But switching the lenses, Asian fit lenses to a regular frame is slightly loose. Regular lenses are slightly bigger to fit an asian fit frame.

It only looks like that because of the curve. The lenses are identical.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434975275.710072.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434975291.265585.jpg

I recently bought a sample pair and the lens is of the more rounded shape. Same problem as the the OP- frame will not fit the lens with the squared corners. I have 3 other lenses and 2 other frames. All standard fit.

Last edited:
I tried on a few sample jawbreaker and they all fit tighter then the regular release jawbreakers as well. The temple or arms just squeeze little tighter then the regular ones.

Seems like the lenses on the sample Jawbreakers are curved at the 2 top ends. Both my 2 sample JB can inter-swap lenses with ease.
Then a recent acquired Sapphire Iridium JB lense cannot fit into the 2 sample JB frames, especially at the 2 top corners due to shape difference.

I believe the Sapphire Iridium lense fits only the regular JB. Can someone verify this?

Latest Posts

Back