• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference of Penny polished and Titanium frame?

Mr. O

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone. Please need some help or explanation, What is the difference of Penny polished and titanium frame? I mean to say, what kind of metal are this two? Are they the same Titanium alloy? Thank you in advance for the answer...

Polish frame
image.jpg

Hi everyone. Please need some help or explanation, What is the difference of Penny polished and titanium frame? I mean to say, what kind of metal are this two? Are they the same Titanium alloy? Thank you in advance for the answer...
Juliets rather than Pennys but the same thing holds true - http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/the-9-oem-juliet-frame-finishes.45047/

The alloy is the same but the finish used varies. The Penny doesn't have as many finishes as the Juliet though, just copper (which the Juliet doesn't have, although some have plated Juliets with real copper), polished, titanium and x-metal. There is some debate over whether a TiO2 Penny was actually released or not.

Got both....the titanium finish looks better. IMHO...the polished looks somewhat fake. But....I bought a poloshed MM watch so it matches. Especially once I get the chrome polar iridium lenses put it. Bling bling!!

But yeah....I like the X-Metal, than the titanium, than the polished. Having the X-Man do a Penny and Juliet frame for me in Ceracote black (with 24K polar iridium lenses)....those will look nice!!

Bro heres my polished penny, another question, now my penny was so mint and no scraches in the frame. It there a chance that my penny will fade or change the color even I always taking care of it?

received_10203558373158825.jpeg

Back