• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Differences between Batwolf KVD 009101-51 and Batwolf KVD 009101-32

Oak street

I should Work at Oakley
I have the 009101-51 KVD Batwolf with the prizm shallow water polarized lenses. I have had them for quite some time now.

I recently picked up a pair of the 009101-32 KVD Batwolf glasses from the bay, which was advertised as having titanium iridium polarized lenses. This is consistent with the o-review listing:

However, the lenses appear more like shallow water, but with a slightly more bluish tint compared to the image showcased on o-review. It does look dull brown from another angle though.

Could someone with a similar pair please shed some light?
EDBA829C-7780-4FDE-82EF-B33098E2DAF8.jpeg
D131601A-8642-4FD7-9010-A9BA3A536B79.jpeg
487E350F-4C7D-4312-94AE-8E61E58FA166.jpeg

Last edited:
Those blue lenses look like Shallow Blue Iridium polarized, which is different from and basically an earlier version of Prizm Shallow. It would make sense for them to be in a KVD edition frame, but I don’t know why the info on O-review would be wrong. Maybe the earlier versions of that sku had Ti polar and they later switched to the Shallow Blue.

Those blue lenses look like Shallow Blue Iridium polarized, which is different from and basically an earlier version of Prizm Shallow. It would make sense for them to be in a KVD edition frame, but I don’t know why the info on O-review would be wrong. Maybe the earlier versions of that sku had Ti polar and they later switched to the Shallow Blue.
That’s what i suspected as well. They look like the shallow blue which were featured on the pitbulls/monster dog.

This is the shallow water prizm (51) as a point of reference.

6A24202A-7767-4FE6-85C1-EBDA16667D11.jpeg

OR must have the wrong info. It was released with shallow polar which was soon after replaced with the prizm version. Which lens do you prefer?

+1. I can’t find any pics of a KVD batwolf with Ti polar, only Shallow Blue and SWP. There is also a set on eBay listed with shallow blue.

Back