• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Differences Between Frogskins Models?

BDHO

Oakley Enthusiast
Hello,
Can I please get a summary of the differences between the various frogskin models (e.g. LX, multi color, basic, etc).
Do they all fit the same?

I've only worn the sports frames and want to narrow my search for a more lifestyle pair.
thanks

LX - is an acetate frame, these normally fit larger than standard frogskins

I'm not really sure what you mean by mulit color as almost all frogs are different colors- these will all fit the same as they are just frogskins. Now there are a few pairs that fit slightly different based on which mold Oakley used to produce them but these are very small subtle differences in for that most people don't notice.

All frogskins out now excluding the lx line are considered 3rd generation.

If you like sports frames I would look more into the fuel cells and batwolf area as frogskins will be nothing like a sports frame and most people who like sports frames do not like frogskins from what I have talked to.

Hope this helps you out some.

thanks tmsnewberry.
Is the LX frame bigger in measurement, or does the acetate just bend differently.
Basically im looking for a frame to wear around the city for daily wear. The sport lifestyle (batwolf, oil drum,etc) frames block all side light/vision so I feel like im walking into people on the street

I don't know the actual dimensions of the lx but I wear regular frogs all the time with out a problem but The lx feel like they are about to fall of my head

Back