• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Differences In +red

the_owl

hard to kidnap
U.S.
Im trying to determine if I have a fake pair of lenses!
I have a few pair of +red and +red polarized lenses in my stable, and recently I bought a pair of +red straight Jacket II frames and lenses. I have the white chrome +red SJ II and the new pair I bought has a noticeable orange hue at the sides under light. My other pairs dont seem to have that. They look the same when looking through them and the blue gray base looks the same when held at a distance. But the new pair almost looks fire on the ends.

Is there an aftermarket lens this color? The pair I bought was on ebay, came in a OCP box. The seller claims they are 100% legit, and I cant see why it wouldnt be with the box and all.

Any thoughts? Is it like the Ruby color and different batches had different tints?
thanks

Im trying to determine if I have a fake pair of lenses!
I have a few pair of +red and +red polarized lenses in my stable, and recently I bought a pair of +red straight Jacket II frames and lenses. I have the white chrome +red SJ II and the new pair I bought has a noticeable orange hue at the sides under light. My other pairs dont seem to have that. They look the same when looking through them and the blue gray base looks the same when held at a distance. But the new pair almost looks fire on the ends.

Is there an aftermarket lens this color? The pair I bought was on ebay, came in a OCP box. The seller claims they are 100% legit, and I cant see why it wouldnt be with the box and all.

Any thoughts? Is it like the Ruby color and different batches had different tints?
thanks

pos red looks like ruby sometimes.. my gf has endurings with +red thats orangey too.

there are differences I got a custom pair that I returned they were straight up blue the redder ones actually are what I am after PM'ed

Indeed the old pair from Ebay are very Red the ones I got last year are very purple with some red...lenses I have got and seen recently are almost pure blue...however the ones on my new HJ 2.0 are real nice red/purple...too bad I went with Black Ice Icon but I found the +Red matched red icons in the past about half the time. its true: I really only see 2 variations on ruby but+Red is wildly inconsistent... ironically the last Ruby SJ lenses I got look like a nice +Red...craziness

thanks for the info. pretty comfortable these arent fake.
Mine look eggacery like the middle frogskin:
photo5.jpg

Could it possibly be oo red? Ive noticed quite different colors in positive red so ur probably ok.

Latest Posts

Back