• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Different Grenade Fade Etching?

Tommy_DTA

Oakley Enthusiast
I recently picked up a pair of original grenade fades (non mph as far as I can see) that have a different etching in the lense then what they originally came with. These were originally bought at a Chicago Oakley store (not a vault from what I was told). Any word on different etching? The lenses are black and not the bronze colored ones the other grenades have with the same etching .

Attachments

• IMAG0436.jpg
    IMAG0436.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Yup thats the correct etching. The other matte olive Grenade Frogskins will have the 'peace' sign in the grenade etching

Yup thats the correct etching. The other matte olive Grenade Frogskins will have the 'peace' sign in the grenade etching
That's weird. They were always promoted with the peace sign (hence the soft bag and in promo pictures) and the matte green ones with the Normal grenade..

grenade.jpg

Last edited:
Haha..maybe I got dupped into fakes...but they seriously feel and look far from it. I mean the grenade is perfectly etched into the lenses too it's not a paint job.

Back