• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Different Juliet Earstems

Viral

Oakley Beginner
Northern VA
So being fairly new to X Metals, this may be common knowledge to most here. While looking through pics of various Juliets both here and on Flickr, etc. I noticed that some Juliets have a bend or kink in their earstems, very similar to Romeos. Did they ever come this way or have all these had Romeo earstem transplant surgery?

Only the polished Juliet frames have "hammerstems" (which is what the earstems with the bend are called). Any other Juliets with hammerstems are most likely transplants or fakes.

Interesting. Thanks for the replies! Are the strictly cosmetic or do they fit differently than the standard juliet earstems?

Hammerstems

Polished Juliet

X Metal XX, Plasma XX, TI02 XX & 24K XX

Romeo 1

Romeo 2 and XS have a different version of Hammerstem I believe.

They fit a bit differently, but not so much where one is more comfortable than the other.

I always prefer to wear a polished frame, not just for the durability with no coating to wear (standard polished frame) but they seem to give a little more room in my opinion and are definitely a more aggressive ear stem visually.

Back