• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Different Shades Of Gray?

BDHO

Oakley Enthusiast
What experiences have you guys had between 'warm grey' and 'dark grey' ? - both seem to be very bright light conditions.

Also, is normal 'grey' (18%) a good lens for multi purpose activity?

I have dark grey in a pair of plaintiff squared and like them a lot. Im not big on non-iridium lenses but dark grey is dark enough that you can't really see my eyes through them and work pretty good in bright light. As far as aviator styles go, these are perfect for my poished gold frames, iridium would be a touch too much I think.

I believe dark grey is a bit darker or has a lower transmission than warm grey, if I worded that correctly. Warm grey is actually a fairly pleasant lens to use as well.

Neither is a very dark lens. Dark grey is darker than grey, but both are for medium to bright light.

I like the slight brownish tint to the warm grey. I have also tried the grey polarized, but you could see my eyes too easily through them. Not a big fan of the black iridium polarized cause they look too shiny. If only there was a warm grey polarized...

I have 'dark grey' in a pair of oil drums. They are not so great as the clarity is poor in shadows. They are find in very bright direct sunlight, yet, in those conditions, black iridium would probably elminate glare better.
I have yet to try the warm grey, but like that it might have a hint of rose.

Back