• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Diffrences Between Juliets And Juliets X-Metal? Are Both Discontinued?

Yea your Juliets can totally be tuned up and made like new, they are definitely not junk my friend. The "X Man" has helped most of us x metal owners out and he does better work than Oakley themselves; I've had both oakley and him work for me and the x man is the way to go by far.

Those are Juliets. Real Juliets. Not the fake ones you posted a link to. They can definitely be restored. They have an X-Metal finish (Color/Finish). For Rubber and Lenses, you can go to oakley.com. Or a lot of people like linegear for replacement rubbers as they do a lot of colors and sell more of the rubber.

Thanks. I have extra parts for the nose guard and the ear guards I guess you call them. I cant find the rubber pieces for where the rubber stops the arm from hitting the frame. Whatever that's called? And to redo the flexible part on the nose which does not look easy to do myself. Oakley store said today you cant get parts from them anymore but if someone does the work for the flexible nose piece I would be happy to just pay them to do it.

Nosebombs, Temple Shocks (The pieces near the hinges), and Earsocks (The long pieces that sit on your ear).

Oakley - The Official Site

And do a google search for Linegear. Don't think I can post the link. They have the temple shocks.. and everything else you could ever want. Or you can surf ebay for the words I posted above and find them. IE: Google search for Oakley Juliet Temple Shocks

The Nosebombs and Temple shocks come in two different sizes. The Nosebombs come in small and large, same as the temple shocks, but the temple shocks are designated with a number 15 or 25 for the Official rubber. I think Walleva uses a 1 and a 2. Linegear doesn't label their temple shocks, but usually if you find someone to order temple shocks and nosebombs through you'll get both sizes of both types of rubber.

Last edited:
Nosebombs, Temple Shocks (The pieces near the hinges), and Earsocks (The long pieces that sit on your ear).

Oakley - The Official Site

And do a google search for Linegear. Don't think I can post the link. They have the temple shocks.. and everything else you could ever want. Or you can surf ebay for the words I posted above and find them. IE: Google search for Oakley Juliet Temple Shocks

The Nosebombs and Temple shocks come in two different sizes. The Nosebombs come in small and large, same as the temple shocks, but the temple shocks are designated with a number 15 or 25 for the Official rubber. I think Walleva uses a 1 and a 2. Linegear doesn't label their temple shocks, but usually if you find someone to order temple shocks and nosebombs through you'll get both sizes of both types of rubber.

Great found the place called linegear and what I need. Thank you!
What about the the flexible area in the nose. does that have rubber in it?

Last edited by a moderator:
the ones with the armstrong box are fake. lots of those on ebay.

call oakley, your local warrnty dept does a tune-up service, restores all the rubber to brand new again. you really never need to buy a new xmetal frame, just need them serviced. WANTING more xmetal is a different story though. haha

If nothing else screams fake then the "Oakley" on the nose bridge was a dead give away. Welcome to the forum, and I second the "stock up your paypal" comment. Its hard to stop once you start.

Thanks for everyone's help. I'm sending it to x man and I ordered the rubber parts from linegear. And my local Oakley store is going too hold one of the final batch of juliets they are getting in this week for me. So I have a spare.

Thanks for everyone's help. I'm sending it to x man and I ordered the rubber parts from linegear. And my local Oakley store is going too hold one of the final batch of juliets they are getting in this week for me. So I have a spare.

And that's how it all starts. Next thing you know you're stocking up on lenses and extra rubbers, then you try on a few pairs at the local store you have to have. Then all of sudden you've got to buy a display case to show of the your 30+ pairs of Oakleys.

Further to sharjt: U dont sleep, your checking eBay at 3am to see if anyone has posted rare juliets from europe. You struggle to eat, sell ur car, give up lifes pleasantries all for the hit of the next xmetal you land. Your wife resents your collection and you can go without food for a week to pay off that latest carbon/ruby hit you landed 1 week ago. Your phone is no longer a phone but is a weapon of purchasing as youve downloaded 7 selling apps you check religously throughout the day everyday... you are one of us

Back