• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Dillon Matte NIR lens

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
It's the fascination of the matte finish on the exterior. Some people say the quality is better too. I believe Dillon lenses are of a different material than Oakley lenses. They command a higher price than Oakley lenses because they have to be sourced which can be difficult and then they have to be custom cut.
The brief conversation I had with a well known cutter a few years ago was that dillons are riskier to cut as the matte finish chips easily which ruins the lens so it takes a pretty confident and skilled person to cut these and evidently at some point Dillon got their panties in a bunch over this cutter doing so and he had to cease. I know they were darn impossible to find for a while a couple years ago but I see clearly cutting them is back on the table! Exciting times! Knowing the skill set it takes to cut a quality lens that is going to wow, I will gladly buy them for these prices. Slowly though!

Also as I have learned in this hobby that what makes it so dang cool is all the different and bad to the bone stuff you can do with X Metals! They were art when they were created and they (some) are canvas for art now! I've learned to appreciate the cartoon themes and stuff I don't care for because someone else thinks its cool and that is what drives the hobby!

Some people reacted to this post.
Oakleys aren’t a hobby. They are a lifestyle ❤️

Username Hidden said:
Oakleys aren’t a hobby. They are a lifestyle ❤️
Except for the kato
CCD0FCE7-C28A-4A65-8F8D-E90E7996B447.gif

1 Silver R1 NIR left for sale.

Updated pricing to have a Veterans Discount - I thank and support all fellow veterans for your sacrafices and service.

Username Hidden said:
1 Silver R1 NIR left for sale.

Updated pricing to have a Veterans Discount - I thank and support all fellow veterans for your sacrafices and service.
I don’t see any update.

Username Hidden said:
I don’t see any update.
Just like OakleySi, one knows the pricing if they are a member :)

Please let me know if you are a veteran during the PM process and we will discuss further.

1EAEFC24-233F-4D13-AD14-62636E057A83.jpeg

Last edited:
1 Silver NIR R1 10/10 available

Username Hidden said:
1 Silver NIR R1 10/10 available
I'll take 10. Lol.

Hey all trusted member and great dude all around the forum. You are all missing out if you don't buy em from my buddy here. .

Status
Not open for further replies.