• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Disable "ad blocker detected" message and premium pop up please

How can I disable these two annoying pop ups? I ready support Oakley via all the Oakley products I own.
This forum is independent of Oakley and uses the ads and the premium memberships to help support itself; buying a pair of Oakleys doesn't provide any income to the forum.

Ive just joined today, and I also get the pop-ups on the top of my browser, but Im assuming it's quite obvious why, the forum uses ads to generate income, and by blocking ads, the marketer's paid efforts are invisible to me, but it is at my own discretion to either ignore or cooperate since if I am happy with that annoying banner appearing at the top of my screen, then surely nobody should be able to tell me otherwise?

"Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. We are strongly asking to disable any kind of ad blocker while you're browsing in our site.You may not be aware, but any visitor supports our site by just viewing ads. If you would like to see no ads, please consider becoming a Premium Member

Read more: Disable "ad blocker detected" message and premium pop up please | Oakley Forum"

No offence to the site admin, but I think you have really an aggressive approach to forcing ads upon members. Most people can live without visiting the forum, it's a forum about only one brand, it's no XDA or dpreview, and even those much more valuable sites don't show ad block warnings. You guys really overestimated your importance I say.

No offence to the site admin, but I think you have really an aggressive approach to forcing ads upon members. Most people can live without visiting the forum, it's a forum about only one brand, it's no XDA or dpreview, and even those much more valuable sites don't show ad block warnings. You guys really overestimated your importance I say.
Then why do you return?

Back