• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Disable "ad blocker detected" message and premium pop up please

No offence to the site admin, but I think you have really an aggressive approach to forcing ads upon members. Most people can live without visiting the forum, it's a forum about only one brand, it's no XDA or dpreview, and even those much more valuable sites don't show ad block warnings. You guys really overestimated your importance I say.
Lol.

Maybe it would be better to replace the message on top of the page with something in huge, red, bold letters across the middle of every page? I'm thinking something like this:

HOSTING THIS SITE ISN'T FREE. YOU'RE WELCOME.

No need to be rude. There are millions of internet forum in the world that can run just fine without aggressive tactics. It cost only a few dollars per months to host a website, it's still no excuse for invasive ads popping or ad block warnings.

I rather donate money to Ad blocker author to counter ad block warnings than submit to a forum that such authoritarian tactics. If the forum provide me with exemplary services and extra values that comes with premium membership, such as discount at oakley stores or something, than I might consider becoming one.

I am preferring edc forum any way, no ad block warning and much better knowledge across variety of brands regarding to bags.

No need to be rude. There are millions of internet forum in the world that can run just fine without aggressive tactics. It cost only a few dollars per months to host a website, it's still no excuse for invasive ads popping or ad block warnings.

I rather donate money to Ad blocker author to counter ad block warnings than submit to a forum that such authoritarian tactics. If the forum provide me with exemplary services and extra values that comes with premium membership, such as discount at oakley stores or something, than I might consider becoming one.

I am preferring edc forum any way, no ad block warning and much better knowledge across variety of brands regarding to bags.

Be it as it may, by using this or any other site, you are agreeing to whatever policies they have. If you don't like it, you are asked to not come back.

It cost only a few dollars per months to host a website, it's still no excuse for invasive ads popping or ad block warnings.
Sorry! Didn't realize you were an expert on web hosting. Surely if it only costs a few dollars someone like yourself could just pay for all of us then! Or even start your own Oakley forum. You know this is an Oakley forum right? I mean, I wouldn't come here asking about Arnette or Costa or some random bag.

Do you go to a Chevy dealer to ask about all the features on the latest Mustang? I suppose you prefer checking a map of India when planning a trip to Canada?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on toll roads. After all there are millions of roads all over the world that don't charge tolls and they are just fine. Do you drive on them or chose to stay off them? You have the same choices with this forum.

Back