• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Disallow users to see -your- posts (reverse ignore)

Whatever. That's your call. I'm just not a guy that likes to give up any freedoms for more rules and regulations, so I just wanted you guys to think about possible cons to the pros, before jumping off that cliff.

Oh I agree with you 100%. I’m not trying to stop anyone from overpricing anything, I’m also not gonna let anyone stop me from laughing at it.

All I want is to be able to actually block people for real. Look at any other social media, when you block someone they can’t see you and you can’t see them. The one way thing isn’t enough sometimes. For example, say you have a girl being stalked by someone. She can ignore him but he can still see what she posts and harass her elsewhere. She shouldn’t have to choose between being stalked and participating in a forum.

I really don’t think is asking for a lot.

Whatever. That's your call. I'm just not a guy that likes to give up any freedoms for more rules and regulations, so I just wanted you guys to think about possible cons to the pros, before jumping off that cliff.
Oh I agree with you 100%. I’m not trying to stop anyone from overpricing anything, I’m also not gonna let anyone stop me from laughing at it.

All I want is to be able to actually block people for real. Look at any other social media, when you block someone they can’t see you and you can’t see them. The one way thing isn’t enough sometimes. For example, say you have a girl being stalked by someone. She can ignore him but he can still see what she posts and harass her elsewhere. She shouldn’t have to choose between being stalked and participating in a forum.

I thought my experience that I started this thread with - literal quotes - would be proof point enough for the need for this feature.

I'll be honest, I get a laugh out of some posts myself.
If what's being discussed is proven to have worked on other sites, then why wasn't it implemented here sooner? I'm total naive when it comes to social sites. The OF is the only site I ever joined and wanted to engage.

I'll be honest, I get a laugh out of some posts myself.
If what's being discussed is proven to have worked on other sites, then why wasn't it implemented here sooner? I'm total naive when it comes to social sites. The OF is the only site I ever joined and wanted to engage.

I can’t answer that. I’ve been asking for it for a while. Doesn’t seem like it would be that hard to implement.

Being as there's a coin shortage and I've got two cents, I'm gonna give them to y'all...

Toughen up buttercup!

I'm all out of cents now 😎

Agreed. I wish lifetime or premium members could have the ability to block certain people from commenting and seeing threads that we’ve created ourselves.

I think it would make Oakley forum a much nicer experience for most of us because it would starve the trolls.

Either that, or at least have the ability to delete comments from our own threads.

@OakleyBoss, is this possible at all?
I was just thinking about that... the complete ignore function should be available for all users.

The ability to delete comments from your own thread could be a premium perk. Also the ability to merge your own threads and reorder posts can be a premium perk.

I was just thinking about that... the complete ignore function should be available for all users.

The ability to delete comments from your own thread could be a premium perk. Also the ability to merge your own threads and reorder posts can be a premium perk.
That would be luxurious. I'd just settle on being able to blocking certain individuals from viewing and commenting.

People may say to stop being "snowflakes" etc, but it's the wrong analogy.

It's more like having a house with no fly screens. Flies can't hurt you (usually) but they're blood y annoying.

I'd rather just install fly screens.

Ditto O.F.

I guess not, i am still seeing “show ignored content”
I am guessing it’s the dude i blocked bickering again. I don’t really pay attention to it, there’s a reason he’s blocked.

That being said, a “blocked” feature would be applicable.

Back