• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Disappointed By The Oakley Manhattan Store

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
So I was in new york city today briefly, and was in the area, and saw the Oakley Manhattan store. It is located on 500 9th Avenue. I was expecting a awesome store chuck full of Oakley products, with the latest and greatest in special/limited editions. However it was little more than a sunglass hut. I could get all the same things at my local sunglass hut. I also expected a "Oakley" environment, but the store was just bland. The ONLY good news, is that they are replacing that store with one in Times Square. MY Hope is, they will make the time square store an Oakley Extravaganza :mrgreen: . Have any of you been to other Oakley Stores? What were your impressions?

The Oakley store in Atlanta (Lenox Mall) is awesome. They have everything except C Six in all Carbon. They have two pairs of the aluminum C Six. The store is great and the staff is helpful.

OakleyBoss said:
So I was in new york city today briefly, and was in the area, and saw the Oakley Manhattan store. It is located on 500 9th Avenue. I was expecting a awesome store chuck full of Oakley products, with the latest and greatest in special/limited editions. However it was little more than a sunglass hut. I could get all the same things at my local sunglass hut. I also expected a "Oakley" environment, but the store was just bland. The ONLY good news, is that they are replacing that store with one in Times Square. MY Hope is, they will make the time square store an Oakley Extravaganza :mrgreen: . Have any of you been to other Oakley Stores? What were your impressions?

wow sorry to hear that, most oakley stores in indonesia are awesome.

Yeah I had an unfortunate/unpleasent trip to the Oakley store in Park city, Utah. I walked in there and was looking for a pair of the then new scalpels. I walked right up to an Oakley associate that was literally standing and doing nothing, and asked him if they had any. His response was NO and he just looked at me as if I was asking him to work a miracle. I stood there just waiting for another response and got nothing. I turned around and walked right out of the store. I mean come on at least have a few customer service skills if you are going to work @ a high end store like Oakley. Am I wrong?

Damn that sucks! Come to the O Store in IL, at Woodfield Mall. We take care of everybody there. You get the real Oakley experience!!

disappointed? Probably not now that they're officially open.

Going to resurrect this thread here by responding.

The Park City Oakley VAULT is a great store. I'm made special trips out there whenever I'm in SLC.. I can tell you this, many Vault stores do NOT get new releases. They are not O-stores and won't get "new releases" for at least 3-4 months post release. If they're a very high volume Vault, like the Orlando Vault, then they get new release stuff. But, yeah, not following up the "no" with something else is pretty poor.

As for Times Square, I'm sure you've all figured out by now that the store was not officially open back in January. Those were test openings. The grand opening of TIme Square O Store just happened a couple of weeks ago and it's a Flagship store. There are exclusive items there.

D

Not surprised. It's been a few years since I've been in an impressive Oakley retail location. Just another symptom of the slow death of the brand since Jim sold it...the purging of the X-Metal line is another

Back