• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Disappointed In The New +Red

Probably. Froggies are the cheapest things to make, there's no way they are made in the USA.

I assume most frames have been made in China for awhile but are being assembled in the USA as noted on the new boxes.

I'm not surprised and while I'm disappointed it doesn't stop me from buying them.

Many people buy $200+ Nikes which are stitched by kids in China yet no one cares.

Probably. Froggies are the cheapest things to make, there's no way they are made in the USA.

I assume most frames have been made in China for awhile but are being assembled in the USA as noted on the new boxes.

I'm not surprised and while I'm disappointed it doesn't stop me from buying them.

Many people buy $200+ Nikes which are stitched by kids in China yet no one cares.

iphone would be another example. Designed in cali, produced in China. Yet that doesn't stop anyone.

I'm not really that upset they are made in China, it's disappointing for our economy but it doesn't stop me from buying them. But I hate the +red change. It's too close to a violet lens now.

I just got a +red Scalpel off the vault that they have a good bit of blue/violet with a red shimmer on the turn. This is the way I always thought that they were supposed to look from some of the older frames that I've had. I also just got a replacement set of new straight jacket II lenses and the have almost no blue but a ruby look.
From what I've seen with the lenses in the last few years the quality control is just crap. Batches just have way too much differences in color. They used too have the same color between frame styles. With no real difference in appearance. Now it seems as if the lenses can be completely different if they are on two different types of frames. I'll take some pics of them tommorow.

From what I've seen with the lenses in the last few years the quality control is just crap. Batches just have way too much differences in color. They used too have the same color between frame styles. With no real difference in appearance. Now it seems as if the lenses can be completely different if they are on two different types of frames. I'll take some pics of them tommorow.
Even on the same frame, the iridium coating can vary greatly between batches. On the Jawbone, I have two pairs of Violet lenses. One is very purple, and the other has tons of light blue in the center. I'm not complaining, and I like the variety...but you have to wonder about the QC processes.

IMG_20130507_110153_150_zps5df40d60.jpg

IMG_20130507_110111_683_zps70072b03.jpg

IMG_20130507_110427_576_zps34ad5c11.jpg

Whisker and Scalpel with +red.
Pitbull and C-wire with 00+red.
The Loose lenses are for New straight jacket II. The pics show more blue in them then when directly looking at them. I was expecting them to have more blue but I think they will still look good for what I'm going to have them cut for. I have to get another set for a different pair. There's just no telling if they'll come in the same as these. I also have to get a different lens style to cut for another frame that will probably look different.
For me personally I like to have the lens with more blue/violet then the red. It is part of the reason I've always liked this lens. I can see the 00 lenses having a different appearence than the standard version. The Whisker and Scalpel both have more red than what the pic took. Also the Pitbull and C-wire have less blue/violet than the pics show. I want to get a Radarlock in this as well and from some of the shots I've seen. Some of the lenses may have big color differences. So ordering them online and hoping that I get a good looking lens.

I would've liked the more consistent purple finish than what ended up on my Radarlock's +Red lens. Starts purple-ish on the right side, and then goes red, and then finishes with a yellow edge. Looking through it, that yellow edge creates some blue tint. It's not so much a problem on a practical standpoint, but eh.

I have two pairs of the original Wiretap with the +Red Lenses. One pair looks almost blue straight on and the other purple. Both look red from the side. It's strange how the lenses can vary that much. My blue looking ones have some decent scratches and am disappointed I can't find a replacement. Only my purple pair are mint.

Latest Posts

Back