• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Disappointing O store visit

Yessir $20. I got one when I was on my honeymoon hitting all those vaults around the south. They had a couple. I wish I had picked them all up so pass around here. If they still have them next time I'm there, I will.
I'm in for one right now :p by me up if it works out!

I might be checking the Merrimack Vault ( NH ) in August ... We'll see ... You never know what a Vault might have ...

seems pretty trivial really...
Instead of being disappointed when I walk into an O Store, Vault, Sunglasses Hut,,etc.... When the reps do not know a lot about O History... I just have to remember.. Their job is to sell me new, current items and hit their sales goals. If someone wants to talk about Oakley past styles,,that is a bonus.

That being said, I am sorry you had a disappointing visit.

I love showing up in store with a older model or a rare edition ( the so few I actually have ) and make a teaching moment out of it.

It's impressive how many employees don't what a Juliet is, or an A wire, or a collab Frogskin ... In my hood no one actually saw the 'Book' in person nor did they see a Bunker ...

So when I know I'm going to my local Store ... I usually wear something special if the conversation comes up...

I love showing up in store with a older model or a rare edition ( the so few I actually have ) and make a teaching moment out of it.

It's impressive how many employees don't what a Juliet is, or an A wire, or a collab Frogskin ... In my hood no one actually saw the 'Book' in person nor did they see a Bunker ...

So when I know I'm going to my local Store ... I usually wear something special if the conversation comes up...
When I stated as an O employee I educated myself to try to avoid that haha.

I do the same even when I think I might stop by an authorized retailer like SGH, just to strike up a conversation. I don't have too many special pairs yet, but I've finally built a solid base and I'm ready to chase the metals.

yes its quite funny when i walk into a oakley store with some of my rare oakleys on and nobody has even heard of the or even know that they're oakleys

Back