• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Disappointment

I liked every post in this thread up to mine, because they are all the essence of the brand. Like them all or only one, hate them all but respect the brand for their innovations and market-making design, or choose a few favourites and exclude all others...doesn't matter!! It's like passing someone on their bike... I'd never make fun of their ride, because they're out there riding!

[QUOTE="Rustpot, post: 698005, member: 1277"

I can appreciate them, but I'm not a collector of the metal.[/QUOTE]
This is my take so far as well. Haven't tried the XS yet, which is my favorite looking X metal, so not totally writing them off.

They are a bit different to the O-matter frames. The Juliet fits me perfectly, the others not so well (never tried the R2 and half-X) so I've let the others go and now the only X-metals I have are my 4 Juliets.

@James mcdonald

i would say you picked the wrong model for your first X-Metal....
if you ever will give them a 2nd chance try a romeo 1 or the new X-metal Badman!

make sure you have the right T-shocks to suit your fit. some with wider heads will need to customise (fillet) their Tshocks for more room. dont over-flex the flex coupler.

you get used to the weight, and the quality is all there. if you have a larger head, consider an XMXX, it fits nicer.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm we are the opposites. The x metal was a LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT FOR ME. I remember my friends all got plastics and I wanted to be unique. My first one was a mars damn love them; then the Juliet and so fort. All of them friends followed my direction and was even asking what are those?? lol it got to the point that it was not unique anymore because they were wearing xmetals as well :mad:. The one I was not fond of was the romeo 1s at the beginning as they were heavy in time I learned to love them. Even up to now whenever somebody sees an xmetal in my collection or in my case it always gets compliments especially for newbies cause its that unique compared to any glasses ever made. Damn my dad who is 68 even wanted to snug one I told him NO you can have one of my plastics lol so I gave him a jawbreaker lol.

Back