• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Disassemble 12 gauge links

Spenc

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Looking to buy a 12 gauge metal bracelet but looks like it needs some love can you take apart the individual links ( so separate the black from silver parts ) thanks in advance for your feedback

Looking to buy a 12 gauge metal bracelet but looks like it needs some love can you take apart the individual links ( so separate the black from silver parts ) thanks in advance for your feedback

I don’t think the carbon center is meant to be separated from the SS or Ti ends (at least not easily). There is a single pin holding the three pieces together. Looks like the metal ends may be pressed into the pin. I’m sure it’s possible to separate with force, but don’t know how easy it is to press the pieces back together.

259B796E-2281-489A-9657-19BEB8EFDAB3.jpeg

I don’t think the carbon center is meant to be separated from the SS or Ti ends (at least not easily). There is a single pin holding the three pieces together. Looks like the metal ends may be pressed into the pin. I’m sure it’s possible to separate with force, but don’t know how easy it is to press the pieces back together.

View attachment 762534
Thanks for the information buddy 👍

I've taken em apart but they're not meant to be. The pin that runs through the center plastic is a press fit into each metal part and require some tinkering to get em apart without damaging the plastic. It's not something I'd probably do again I only did it on the 1 because the band was very beat up and needed complete re working of the metal and the plastic parts.

Back