• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Discolored Gascan frames.

Crazycork

Oakley Beginner
Got some new lenses for my Gascan's which I wear at work usually for 10-12 hours a day. So I pop the old lenses out and notice there is quite a bit of crud in where the lenses seat, I decide to soak them in some water while I hop in the shower to soften said crud. As I'm cleaning them up, I notice there is significant fading right around were they sit on my ears that wasn't there before. Can anyone explain this to me? Any way to reverse this, or fix it? Thanks for your help!!!

Edit: Can upload pics tomorrow, forgot my phone in my work truck...

Were would one do that? Any idea of cost?
I was saying that tongue in cheek, although it is an option. I would put up pics so people can see exactly what happened.

My initial thought is to replace them, as gascans are pretty affordable unless they are a special edition. (And keep this pair as a beater pair)

I was saying that tongue in cheek, although it is an option. I would put up pics so people can see exactly what happened.

My initial thought is to replace them, as gascans are pretty affordable unless they are a special edition. (And keep this pair as a beater pair)
I'll upload some pics tomorrow. Thanks!

I'm in the same situation. I do not want to give up this pair as they are before Luxottica era.

ok1.PNG

ok2.PNG

Latest Posts

Back