• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Discontinued X-Metal Prescription Lenses

Pete Crowley

Oakley Beginner
Hello all,
I know it's easy enough to get current X-Metal models with Rx lenses, but does anyone know if Oakley will make lenses for discontinued models like Romeo or Penny? My Optometrist quoted me at $320 for polarized lenses for Square Whiskers, but now I have my heart set on something from the X-Metal line and would like to know what my options are.

I was told yes they would, but I have not ordered so I cant say with 100% assurity that they will.....

I also plan to have a Romeo done, I can check tomorrow when I am at HQ though.....

I recently got Rx lens for my XX. So, yes, they will cut you Rx lens for discontinued x metal frames. Color options are limited though, only had black, emerald, ice and fire iridium. So I got emerald lens with the x metal color frame.

Thanks, guys. That's disappointing about the color options...was hoping for VR28. How much did you pay, Bubba? Am I getting hosed by my Optometrist who quoted $320?

I paid $300 for non polarized lens, but that's in Canada. My relative works at the optical store, so I think that's near his cost. Mind you most things cost more up here in the great white north lol.

Latest Posts

Back