• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Discontinued?

I've heard that too. An employee at a Sunglasses Hut told me they were discontinued and showed me the only two they had left (discounted to $150 each) while an Oakley employee told me they are selling strong and only certain color combinations were discontinued. Who knows.

Interested to see what would replace a Split Jacket , I bought a pair to replace a Straight Jacket because like the Straight Jacket they are so comfortable to wear a good frame size & light enough to wear all day and coming with two lenses just made it a little nicer .

Lol. Except its more custom friendly and larger for racing jacket. Other than that very similar
Oakley is like any other company ... Sales dictate production ...

If a product doesn't sell ... It's either re-worked or canned...

The Jawbone/RJ is getting a lot of attention from the Cycling industry ... The SJ? Not so much ...the products are VERY similar and one the Jawbone switched to RJ is became all that more Custom friendly with removable Icons ...

I think it was a poor seller and didn't need to stick around longer ... This coming from a twice over SJ owner

I'm a big fan of the Jawbone/Racing Jacket non vented of course . But the Split Jacket was more refined could be worn with a shirt & tie on a evening out just as the Straight Jacket could.

Back