• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dispatch 2

jk-27

Oakley Collector
Premium Member
I personally like the Plaid design just because it really is a design not seen anywhere else. However, when the Frogskins came out in the Plaid colourway they didn't sell at all and, given the current Frogskins mania climate, that says a lot. I think it's an odd choice for Oakley to continue to try and push it on other models.

Herbsley

Steadily Retiring
Durham, UK
I personally like the Plaid design just because it really is a design not seen anywhere else. However, when the Frogskins came out in the Plaid colourway they didn't sell at all and, given the current Frogskins mania climate, that says a lot. I think it's an odd choice for Oakley to continue to try and push it on other models.

Indeed. What is it with Oakley and plaid? It turns up everywhere - glasses, shorts, shirts, back-packs . . .
They're obsessed! haha

I assume it is just a USA thing? I have never . . . . and I mean NEEEVER in my thirty-odd years on this planet . . . . seen anyone wearing this in the UK, or when I've been travelling in Europe.

I must say though, while it's not my style, I actually think is a total breath of fresh air that they continue releasing interesting colorways like this, instead of just the usual Polished Blacks and Whites etc etc.
Someone somewhere must be buying them.
:biggrin:

FrogTastic

Friend of the Frog
London, UK
Plaid is quite big in the surf industry now. Like you said most clothing is going that way. Well for now at least. I went to Indonesia with an O-Rep and met another out there. All the samples were Plaid.

wrist

Oakley Collector
RVA.
I hate that they incorporated earstems similar to the Eyepatch 2 on these. It ruins the glasses imo. Looks like ill be sticking to my OG Dispatchs.