• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- Display Case Lighting Ideas ... ???

Zeke

- The Retarded Battle Continues ...
I just go my mitts on a small, "cube"-type display case, & I want to install some lights in it.

I do have a couple ideas, but I would like to know what those of you have done who have picked up cases without lighting, or have modded cases with lighting, ... or from any-darn-one!

I will state the following ... I want LED, white/clear in color, I needn't anything super, duper bright, & because it is such a small case, I have thought about going "DC", & making a switched battery pack to power the lighting ... If the lights are on 6-8 hours a week, that will be a LOT. I have a "PlayStation3" red LED-lit store display that I have running off 8 AA's ... & they last forever in that configuration - 8 red LEDs back-lighting the letters.

So, ... GO? :)

PS: This is my actual PS3 light, above my door ...
20140803_043745_zps66fbca62.jpg

Ikea has a led strip that you can change the colors of, and it's fairly thin as well.

Oznium.com

Dealt with these guys numerous times and they are awesome. Great products and awesome customer service.

You could check Home Depot and Lowes as well. They have a few options.

Those cubes don't need much to light them up.

Good Luck.

Back