1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Medusa50

Medusa50 Oakley Expert

I have really good success taking out large scratches display case parts - 203.jpg display case parts - 247.jpg

Last edited: 12/13/16
    Dallas O Hog and Batman_1939 like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Spenc

Spenc Oakley Collector Premium Member

3. gascan21

gascan21 Oakley Beginner

yeah looks great. mine doesn't have much of that, just dirty. i can do that on the columns but the doors and trim looks like it is blasted to give it texture.

4. gascan21

gascan21 Oakley Beginner

what did you do that with?

5. Medusa50

Medusa50 Oakley Expert

display case parts - IMG_1565.JPG display case parts - IMG_1567.JPG You are correct. The doors have a textured sort of finish. In many cases lacquer thinner removed decal residue and such. If there are any places in your area I would suggest media blasting the lower case and door. Walnut shells work really well and don't harm the texture of the door. Here's an example. The larger picture is a door I sanded. The close up is of a base cabinet I had media blasted. It almost has a fiberglass appearance in the metal. You can see it close up. Either way it's your choice. The one I sanded I original used a DA sander but getting a uniform appearance around the rivets was challenging. I opted to use a sanding block in one direction only. Finished off with 000 steel wool.

6. gascan21

gascan21 Oakley Beginner

nice. i'll come up with something. don't want to spend too much on it. got enough in it as it is.

7. gascan21

gascan21 Oakley Beginner

does this double wide have an exact model name? i have seen X metal case. is that it or is it something else?

8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Mega Tower

9. gascan21

gascan21 Oakley Beginner

the aluminum double is mega tower?

10. Medusa50

Medusa50 Oakley Expert

display case parts - IMG_1582.PNG Actually the Mega was a designation for the single. Many folks just called it Double wide. Mega often refers to an aluminum case. Black doubles are called 3.0 etc.

Manish likes this.