• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

display case parts

• Thread starter Deleted member 18328
  • Start date
I have really good success taking out large scratches
203.jpg
247.jpg

Last edited:
yeah looks great. mine doesn't have much of that, just dirty. i can do that on the columns but the doors and trim looks like it is blasted to give it texture.

IMG_1565.JPG
IMG_1567.JPG
You are correct. The doors have a textured sort of finish. In many cases lacquer thinner removed decal residue and such. If there are any places in your area I would suggest media blasting the lower case and door. Walnut shells work really well and don't harm the texture of the door. Here's an example. The larger picture is a door I sanded. The close up is of a base cabinet I had media blasted. It almost has a fiberglass appearance in the metal. You can see it close up. Either way it's your choice. The one I sanded I original used a DA sander but getting a uniform appearance around the rivets was challenging. I opted to use a sanding block in one direction only. Finished off with 000 steel wool.

nice. i'll come up with something. don't want to spend too much on it. got enough in it as it is.

does this double wide have an exact model name? i have seen X metal case. is that it or is it something else?

IMG_1582.PNG
Actually the Mega was a designation for the single. Many folks just called it Double wide. Mega often refers to an aluminum case. Black doubles are called 3.0 etc.